February 03, 2009

Linda Jones Art: Welcome to my Art Blog.


I have had a website: http://www.lindajonesart.com/ for some time. On my blog you can receive the latest news of my paintings in watercolor, acrylic and mixed media; the newest additions to my portfolio, current shows and classes. I am an active member of Great Falls Studios here in Northern Virginia, I teach private watercolor classes in my studio and through the Great Falls School of Art. Keep in touch with what is happening in the local art world and please contact me via the blog or my website.


About me.
Living in wooded Northern Virginia near Great Falls on the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay gives me a wonderful environment in which to paint. My work reflects an intimate relationship with nature, whether it is a landscape or an individual element such as a flower, fruit or tree. Many of my pictures depict nature in close proximity such as a bee on a flower or the morning dew on the grass by the creek in my backyard.


Current shows.
Anticipation: This is a solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066. You can see my watercolors and acrylic painting in the small conference room during library hours until the end of March 2009. The paintings anticipate the warmer days ahead with a display of spring flowers, butterflies and bees, painted in the gardens of northern Virginia.

Swallowtail: Watercolor (Copyright 2008)

I also have three paintings and art cards in the winter show through at the Garrett Arts Council Gallery, 206 E. Alder St, Oakland, MD 21550. My painting: Rolling towards the Blue was selected by the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce for a show at Deep Creek Lake Visitor's Center in McHenry, Md 21541.

Rolling towards the Blue: Acrylic on paper. (Copyright 2008)

Visit my website http://www.lindajonesart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment